Things that say a lot about people:
- the way which they treat the waiter/waitress
- how they feel about the weather
- whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
- and hands in general
- their preferred creative outlet
- how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
- whether or not they drink coffee
- if they ever forget to eat
- how honest they are with themselves (and others)
- if they correct your grammar
- how they treat their parents
IS THAT JOHN GREEN??????
You are the wild.
You will kiss a lot of boys,
and girls, and,
you will regret it.
When you’re twelve,
you’ll meet the man of your dreams.
Do not waste the next four years carving your spine into
Realize that he is a cliffhanger with no relief.
Walk away. Run.
In time your friends begin to resemble
the characters in the books you read.
When she asks to hold your hand while
she vomits in a near by bush, say
Don’t get so drunk.
It’s hard enough to understand yourself when you’re sober.
When your father pronounces your name as though it were a synonym for regret,
let it go.
When you make your mother cry, apologize.
When you’re sixteen you’ll kiss a man you want
when you’re eighteen you won’t believe in marriage.
Please, do not go into that sauna.
Neither of you are ready.
If he doesn’t chase after you,
don’t go back.
If he doesn’t let you go,
do not give him an option.
Stay soft, please.
Watch your edges, because eventually they will begin to curl like
dried leaves in august.
If you’re not careful you will fold inside of yourself until
there is nothing left.
Write apologies in the form of love letters.
When your sister says that it’s okay to be selfish sometimes,
do not listen.
Your body is your only home,
find a way back."
- (via blanklace)